The Improved Physics 1.22 Mod is a modification that enhances the realism and complexity of the truck physics in Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2).
Driving the truck becomes more challenging as the mod improves the overall “feel” of the truck. The physics of the driver’s body are also made less static, providing a more realistic experience.
Several changes have been made to the truck’s behavior on the road:
1. The truck’s responsiveness has been reduced, increasing air resistance and wheel resistance. This makes high-speed maneuvers more challenging.
2. The effectiveness of the brakes has been reduced to reflect more realistic heating and cooling rates, as well as maximum temperature.
3. The behavior of the cab has been reconfigured to be more responsive to truck maneuvers. The weight of the cab has been adjusted to a realistic value, and angles, roll, springing, and damping force have been redefined.
4. The suspension course and damping have been changed, resulting in a softer suspension.
5. The “viscosity” of the transmission has been decreased.
6. The adhesion properties of the tire surface have been worsened, increasing tire deformation. This means that tires now have a higher chance of losing grip and slipping.
This mod is compatible with all regular trucks in ETS2, as well as with some popular modded trucks such as the DAF XF from 50k, Volvo FH Classic and FH16 2013 by Ohaha, SISU and All Scania from RJL, Volvo VNL 670 and 780, MAN TGX Euro6 and TGA files from Madster, Scania 143 from Ekualizer, and Iveco Strator from Shoofer / EM Group.
Please note that when using this mod, it is necessary to connect the truck events with higher priority. Other mods should have a higher priority than the events.
In version 1.1 of the mod, the following changes have been made:
– Increased wheel slip.
– Slightly increased brake effectiveness.
– Increased suppression of cabin swinging.
– Increased cabin weight.
– Increased suppression of driver movement in the cockpit.
– Increased air resistance.
– Reduced truck responsiveness.
– Reduced suspension stiffness.
– Reduced clutch “viscosity”.