SOUND FIXES PACK V17.55 FOR ETS2
— Sound changes —
The MACK B61 from CyrusTheVirus’ Give Me More Trucks Traffic pack now has real engine and horn sound. [ATS edition]
The Freightliner Cascadia from CyrusTheVirus’ Give Me More Trucks Traffic pack now has a real horn sound. [ATS edition]
Improved the real engine sound for UPS, FedEx, and Ice Cream step vans. [ATS edition]
Refined the ambience at truck dealerships.
— Compatibility changes —
Support for ATS game version 1.6 stopped at v17.54 on Steam Workshop. Sound Fixes Pack will no longer receive updates for ATS.
– This pack enhances the sounds in the game to create a more immersive and realistic experience.
– The goal is to make the game’s sounds feel lifelike!
– The mod is frequently updated to bring even more authentic sounds into the game.
This mod must have a higher priority in the Mod Manager than:
– any map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.)
– any AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)
– any AI traffic density/behavior mods (e.g. those listed in the section below)!
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Realistic interior and exterior tire sounds. The sound of the tires will change depending on your acceleration and speed, giving you a sense of your speed.
* More prominent gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts on the suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds.
* Hard impacts can trigger the sound of keys swinging in the interior view.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* Changed the “Late music” to the sound of a Nokia phone ringtone (the volume depends on the Music volume setting in the in-game Audio settings).
* Added a “Bing bong” chime for the train and ferry loading screen sounds.
* Reduced the volume of the garage door sound, the adviser message sound, and the yawning sound.
* Added a new, quieter sound effect for the photo camera when taking screenshots.
* Lowered the volume of the PrePass weigh station signals in American Truck Simulator.
## 4. Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Added a retro/historic ding sound while fuel is pumping (from the 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can give you an idea of how much fuel you’ve refueled.
* Added real sound effects for the fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click, and key insertion when refueling to a full tank.
## 5. Interior sounds
* Realistic stick/switch/button sounds for parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch, and blinker/indicator/turn signal.
* Changed the sound of the retarder to a real retarder sound.
* Added a real rumblestrip sound.
* Added a lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive onto the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations).
* The lift axle sound now includes a button press sound effect.
* At high speeds, the wind sound will be slightly faster.
* Added a mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds, which can be heard when the transmission and/or gearbox are damaged.
* Made the air cutoff sounds less audible in the interior.
## 6. Trailer sounds
* Added real sound effects for trailer coupling and uncoupling.
* Included an air brake hose detachment sound when uncoupling.
## 7. AI Traffic sounds
* Refined the generic AI traffic car sounds to reduce buzz noise and include more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds.
* Gave AI traffic vehicles new horn sounds. The duration of the honk may vary depending on the patience of the driver.
* Added more variations of detailed sounds for AI traffic trucks/buses, including turbo sounds, distinctive engine sounds, and sounds of gear changes.
* Added a variety of engine sounds for several vehicles (e.g. motorbikes) in various AI Traffic mods and in stock trucks from the original game.
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
## 8. Mover sounds
* Increased the volume and improved the audio for a wide range of moving objects, including biplanes, trains (including train horns), etc.
* Enabled sound for a variety of movers that originally didn’t come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighters, ocean waves, tugboats, hot air balloons, and more!).
## 9. Location-based ambience
* Enhanced the soundscape at company and delivery point locations for American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime ambience, such as cicadas and crickets).
* Adjusted the volumes and sounds of environmental ambience to suit various map mods.
* Included suitable sounds for various companies and delivery points.
## 10. Air horn sounds
* Improved the air horn sounds for American Truck Simulator, available at the service station (replacing the existing ones).
* The available air horn sounds for ATS are: Used air horn (low price), a sweet and deep air horn, and a train horn. WARNING: It is not recommended to use more than two air horns at a time. [ATS only]
* Compatible with ETS2 versions 1.27.2 to 1.28.1 and ATS versions 1.6.2 to 1.28.1. No errors in the game log. This mod must have a high priority in the Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so it can be used with an unlimited number of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with rain sound mods such as Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides realistic thunder and rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at the same time. Check the included load order image for more details.
* If using any of Grimes’ seasonal mods, place the seasonal mod with a higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack for a more accurate seasonal experience.
* If using winter mods, please enable the Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from the Options folder of the Sound Fixes Pack for winter sounds.
* Traffic density/behavior mods (with lower priority in the Mod Manager) can enable the realistic sound ranges plugin from the Sound Fixes Pack by inserting the following line into def/traffic_data.sii: @include “traffic_data_update.sui”
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
Is the wind or tire noise too loud? No problem. You can adjust the volume using these developer commands. The syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
* SCS Software for base sounds * Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling mod * antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds * Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds * AlexeyP for some trailer coupling, gate/barrier and fuel pump sounds, and sounds from Improved Environment Sound * nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions