NORTHERN SCANDINAVIA V0.98.8 FOR 1.20X (STANDALONE) Map
Chris94_NOR has released a new standalone map called Northern Scandinavia v0.98.8. To use this mod, you must have the DLC Scandinavia installed (since v0.98.5). Here are a few questions and answers to help you understand the mod better.
Q: Why is DLC Scandinavia required to use this map?
A: DLC Scandinavia is required because the map uses models, prefabs, roads, tunnels, and other assets from the DLC.
Q: Do I also need DLC Going East if I have DLC Scandinavia?
A: No, DLC Going East is not required because the map does not use any assets from it.
Q: Can I use this map with other map mods?
A: Unfortunately, this map is not compatible with other map mods. It is a standalone map and has a different scale than the vanilla map in Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2). The standard scale of the vanilla map is 1:19 (1:15 for the UK), while this map has a real-life scale of 1:1 and real-time hours.
Q: Is it possible to make this map compatible with other map mods?
A: It is not possible because that would require creating a new map in the same scale as the vanilla map, which would mean leaving out many cities. The modder has considered making a Northern Scandinavia map in 1:19 scale before but was not successful.
– Copy and paste NorthernScandinavia-def.scs, NorthernScandinavia-map.scs, and tzmap.scs to “Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod”
– Create a new profile (only for those who do not already have a profile for this map)
– Set the game module to “Test1.mdb” instead of “europe.mdb” because this is a standalone map
– Complete the profile setup and then select your starting city. Currently, Bodø and Fauske are available as headquarters.
– Fixed transparency issue on truck windows
– Adapted to the new weather feature
– Removed all invisible walls on the 4-lane road between Bertnes and Vikan (previously discovered on the inner lane)
– Fixed ferry bug in the spawning area (Bodø-Moskenes)
– Fixed the AutoPass in the intersection up to Hunstadmoen
– Map location
– Rain in the tunnels on the map
– Upgraded models of gas stations (Shell, Esso, Statoil)
– Added a new company in Rognan (NBFC)
– Added a new company in Saltstraumen (Tree-et)
– Improved scenery in some previously empty areas
– Better in-game economy
– Added DLC bridge model of Saltstraumbrua (Saltstraumen Bridge)
– Added DLC bridge model of Sunnanbrua (Sunnan Bridge) in Saltstraumen
– Å i Lofoten is not completed
– Tind is not completed
– Reine is not completed
– Work is in progress on the road towards Saltfjellet mountain range on E6 and also towards the Norway-Sweden border on Rv77 (Rv95) “Silvervägen”
– Construction is ongoing on E10 from Reine to Narvik
– Works with all other mods except for map mods designed for 1.20x
FLD(prefabs and models) Chris94_NOR(map developer)