The RENAULT MAGNUM 8X4 & 10X4 1.21 Truck has been specially modified for transporting superheavy cargo. This truck is adapted to work with patch 1.19-1.21 of Euro Truck Simulator 2. The mod is based on the jgut mod called “Renault_Magnum_8x_6x_jgut_v0.8” which was released over a year ago. Credit goes to the original author for their contribution.
Here are the changes that have been made to the mod:
- The truck has been added to the dialer center and can now be selected from there.
- The truck is also available in company mode for easier access.
- Real engines have been added to the truck, specifically the DXi13 500 Euro5 ECU (617 hp 3030 Nm) and DXi13 480 Euro5 ECU (582 hp 5333 Nm). These engines actually exist!
- Real gearboxes have been added as well, including ATO2612D, ZF 16 S 2230 TD, and ZF 16 S 2530 TO.
- The truck now features branded headlights with the “Renault” logo.
- A camouflage skin has been included for customization.
The characteristics of the chassis have been adjusted to be as realistic as possible. In the game, gearbox and drive axle ratios are registered in a single file. To account for this, multiple gearboxes with different final drive ratios have been included in the mod. The options are labeled with FG (first transmission gear ratio) and D (differential gear ratio). A higher differential ratio (D) provides more thrust but reduces top speed.
The maximum weight that can be towed by this truck is 200 tons. The mod has been thoroughly tested on version 1.19-1.21 of Euro Truck Simulator 2.
The mod archive also contains add-ons for trailers from Jazzycat, including Cargo Packs v3.6.1, Military Cargo Pack v.1.7, and Railway Cargo Pack v1.7. These add-ons increase the weight of over 100 cargoes, allowing for a more immersive gameplay experience. You can download the main mod on the author’s website (Jazzycat). Additionally, an alternative interior is included in the archive which can be installed according to your preference.
The mod writer did not mention any restrictions on modifying or publishing modified versions of this mod. Since only the specifications have been adjusted and the chassis remains unchanged, it is believed that copyright is not violated.
MasterMods, Ohaha, jgut-, Niksarl Parameters gearbox and chassis: Tornado