SOUND FIXES PACK 2018 V1.0 SOUNDS MOD
The latest version for 2018, introducing new improvements. The interior sound volume for external environment and traffic sounds heard from the cabin has been reduced to 20%, making it quieter.
Reverted the asphalt tire noise back to default, to be reworked in 2018. [ETS2 edition]
Lowered the volume of cicada daytime sounds at the farm. [ATS edition]
Lowered the volume of warehouse daytime sounds. [ATS edition]
Updated the default reverse beeper sound. [ATS edition]
Reduced the volume of the click UI sound.
Removed the hard acceleration sound of Ford Crown Victoria’s in AI traffic. [ATS edition]
Added SCS Software’s engine sound for Peterbilt 389 to the AI traffic Peterbilt 389’s array. [ATS edition]
Updated UI sounds – let me know if they are better or worse than the vanilla game. [ATS edition]
Updated UI sounds – let me know if they are better or worse than the vanilla game. [ETS2 edition]
Changed the fuel pump insertion sound effect to one from AlexeyP.
Slightly lowered the nighttime cricket ambience. [ATS edition]
Removed the hard acceleration sounds of Lamborghini Huracan to prevent slow accelerations from sounding unrealistic.
The Sound Fixes Pack 2018 is a mod that enhances the game’s common sounds, making them feel more immersive and realistic. The goal of this mod is to bring the game’s sounds closer to real life! It is frequently updated to introduce new realistic sounds.
* Compatible with ETS2 1.30.1 + ATS 1.29.1. No errors found in the game log. This mod must have high priority in the Mod Manager.
* Works with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so it can be used with any truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with rain sound mods like Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides realistic thunder + rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at the same time. Refer to the included load order image for more details.
* If you are using any of Grimes’ seasonal mods, prioritize the seasonal mod higher than the Sound Fixes Pack for a more accurate seasonal experience.
* If you are using winter mods, please enable the Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from the Options folder of the Sound Fixes Pack for winter sounds.
* Traffic density/behavior mods (lower priority in Mod Manager) can enable the realistic sound ranges plugin from the Sound Fixes Pack by inserting this line into def/traffic_data.sii: @include “traffic_data_update.sui”
This mod requires higher priority in the Mod Manager than:
– any map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.)
– any AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)
– any AI traffic density/behavior mods (e.g. those listed in the section below)!
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Realistic interior and exterior tire sounds. The sound of the tires will resonate in the cabin based on your acceleration speed and the speed you are traveling, giving you a sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt and gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts to the suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds.
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds in the interior view.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* Replaced the “late music” with the Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume depends on the Music volume in the in-game Audio settings).
* Added a “bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds.
* Reduced the volume of the garage door sound, adviser message sound, and yawning sound.
* Added a new quiet photo camera sound effect for taking screenshots.
* Quieter volume for PrePass weigh station signals in American Truck Simulator.
* Improved UI sound effects.
## 4. Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound while fuel is pumping (from circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings gives you an idea of how much you refueled.
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click, and key insertion sound effects after refueling to a full tank.
## 5. Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for parking brake, hazard lights, wiper stick, light switch, and blinker/indicator/turn signal.
* Real rumblestrip sound.
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive onto the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations).
* The lift axle sound now includes a button press sound effect.
* At high speeds, the wind will sound slightly faster.
* A mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when the transmission and/or gearbox is damaged.
* Air cutoff sounds are less audible in the interior.
## 6. Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling and uncoupling.
* Includes air brake hose detachment sound when uncoupling.
## 7. AI Traffic sounds
* Refined generic AI traffic car sounds with less buzzing noise and more tire and quiet engine sounds.
* New horn sounds for AI traffic vehicles. The duration of the honk depends on the patience of the driver, can be short or long.
* More variations of detailed sounds for AI traffic trucks/buses, including turbo sounds, distinctive engine sounds, and sounds of gear changes.
* Variety of distinct engine and horn sounds for several vehicles in various AI Traffic mods and stock trucks from the original game, such as motorcycles.
* You can hear the sound of vehicles overtaking or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
## 8. Mover sounds
* Louder volume and reworked audio for a wide range of moving objects, including biplanes, trains (including train horns), etc.
* Added sound for numerous movers that don’t originally come with sound, such as F22 jet fighters, ocean waves, tugboats, hot air balloons, and more.
## 9. Location based ambience
* Enhanced soundscape for prefabs (companies and delivery points) in American Truck Simulator, including both daytime and nighttime ambience like cicadas and crickets.
* Suitable volumes and sounds of environmental ambience for various map mods.
* Included appropriate sounds for various companies and delivery points.
* Improved sounds for animated gates mod.
## 10. Air horn sounds
* Improved air horn sounds for American Truck Simulator, available at the service station (replacing existing ones).
* The available air horn sounds for ATS are: Used air horn (low price), sweet and deep air horn, and a train horn. WARNING: It is not recommended to use more than two air horns at a time. [ATS only]
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
If the wind or tire noise is too loud, you can adjust the volume using developer commands. The syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
* SCS Software for base sounds * Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling mod * antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds * Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds * AlexeyP for some trailer coupling, gate/barrier and fuel pump sounds, and sounds from Improved Environment Sound * nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions OFFICIAL SCS FORUM LINK ======================= The SCS Forum link below for Sound Fixes Pack holds all official download links and can be used to give feedback and ask any questions about the mod: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=200919 LIST OF SUPPORTING TRAFFIC DENSITY/BEHAVIOR MODS ================================================ The following traffic density/behavior mods have enabled the realistic AI Traffic sound range effect plugin from the Sound Fixes Pack: -Piva’s Traffic density and speedlimits mod [ETS2] -Piva’s Traffic density mod [ATS] -DP’s Realistic Traffic [ATS/ETS2] -Real Traffic Density by Cip [ETS2] -Real Traffic Density and Ratio by Cip [ATS] -Fr8i’s Improved Traffic [ETS2] -Rudi’s Rush Hour Mod [ETS2] -Improved AI Traffic by FX2K [ETS2] -Realistic Traffic Mod by therealone [ATS] SCS Software, Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Ludmilla, Katixa/Irreo, Balamut, AlexeyP, nIGhT-SoN