SOUND FIXES PACK V17.49 SOUNDS MOD
— Changes to the sounds —
Some cricket ambiance sound files at night have been lowered in volume. [ATS edition]
One of the gear grinding sounds has been replaced with a different gear grinding sound.
— Changes to compatibility —
Support for ETS2 1.26 on Steam Workshop has been dropped. 1.26 versions of the game will now run in safe mode with the Sound Fixes Pack.
– The pack enhances the common sounds in the game, making them more immersive and realistic.
– The mod aims to make the game’s sounds feel like real life!
– The mod is regularly updated to introduce more real sounds into the game.
Requires higher priority in the Mod Manager than:
– any map mods (e.g. ProMods, RusMap, etc.)
– any AI traffic mods (e.g. Jazzycat’s traffic packs)
– any AI traffic density/behavior mods (e.g. those listed in the section below)!
Added real air horn sound for MAN TGA trucks in AI traffic for Jazzycat’s Truck Traffic Pack. [ETS2 edition]
Lowered the volume of grass sound at low speed.
## 1. Tire / Tyre sounds
* Real interior + exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab based on your acceleration and speed, giving you a sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
## 2. Suspension sounds
* Light and medium impacts on the suspension can trigger cabin squeaking and movement sounds.
* Hard impacts can trigger key swinging sounds in the interior view.
## 3. Gameplay / UI sounds
* Replaced the “Late music” with the Nokia phone ringtone sound (volume depends on Music volume in the in-game Audio settings).
* “Bing bong” chime for train and ferry loading screen sounds.
* Reduced the volume of the garage door sound, advisor message sound, and yawning sound.
* New, quieter photo camera sound effect for screenshots.
* Quieter volume of PrePass weigh station signals in American Truck Simulator.
## 4. Fuel / Gas station sounds
* Retro/historic ding sound while the fuel is pumping (circa 1960s to 1970s). The number of dings can give you an idea of how much you have refueled.
* Real fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click, and key insertion sound effects after refueling to a full tank.
## 5. Interior sounds
* Real stick/switch/button sounds for: parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch, and blinker / indicator / turn signal.
* Retarder sound changed to a real retarder sound.
* Real rumblestrip sound.
* Lane-keeping (Driver Alert Support) alert sound if you drive onto the grass too fast (as per EU legal regulations).
* Lift axle sound now includes button press sound effect.
* At high speeds, the wind sound will be slightly faster.
* Mix of default amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have damaged the transmission and/or gearbox.
* Air cutoff sounds are less audible in the interior.
## 6. Trailer sounds
* Real sound effects for trailer coupling + uncoupling.
* Included air brake hose detachment sound when uncoupling.
## 7. AI Traffic sounds
* More refined generic AI traffic car sounds. Less buzzing noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds.
* AI traffic vehicles have new horn sounds. Depending on the driver’s patience, a short or long honk may be used.
* AI traffic trucks/buses have more variations of detailed sounds (may include turbo sounds, distinctive engine sounds, sounds of gear changes, etc.).
* Variety of engine sounds for several vehicles (e.g. motorbike sounds for motorbikes) in various AI Traffic mods and in stock trucks from the original game.
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane.
## 8. Mover sounds
* Louder volume and reworked audio for a vast number of moving objects including biplanes, trains (including train horns), etc.
* Enabled sound for a vast number of movers that don’t originally come with sound (e.g. F22 jet fighters, ocean waves, tugboats, hot air balloons, etc.).
## 9. Location-based ambience
* Prefab (i.e. company and delivery point) soundscape enhanced for American Truck Simulator (includes both daytime and nighttime ambience such as cicadas and crickets).
* Suitable volumes and sounds of environmental ambience for various map mods.
* Some suitable sounds included for various companies and delivery points.
* ETS2 1.27.2 and ATS 1.6.2. No errors in the game log. Must have high priority in the Mod Manager.
* Compatible with all trucks, including truck mods.
* Does not replace individual truck sounds, so it can be used with an unlimited number of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with rain sound mods such as Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7 (provides realistic thunder + rain sounds). Both can be enabled at the same time. Check the load order image included for more details.
* If using any of Grimes’ seasonal mods, place the seasonal mod with a higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack for a more accurate seasonal experience.
* If using winter mods, please enable the Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from the Options folder of the Sound Fixes Pack for winter sounds.
* Traffic density/behavior mods (in lower priority in the Mod Manager) can enable the realistic sound ranges plugin from the Sound Fixes Pack by inserting this line into def/traffic_data.sii: @include “traffic_data_update.sui”
SET TIRE AND WIND VOLUME
Is the wind or tire noise too loud? No problem. You can adjust the volume using these developer commands. The syntax is as follows:
s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] (default is 1)
* SCS Software for base sounds
* Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling the mod
* antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds
* Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds
* AlexeyP for some trailer coupling, gate/barrier and fuel pump sounds, and sounds from Improved Environment Sound
* nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions
The following traffic density/behavior mods have enabled the realistic AI Traffic sound range effect plugin from the Sound Fixes Pack:
-DP’s Realistic Traffic [ATS/ETS2]
-Piva’s traffic density mod [ATS/ETS2]
-Fr8i’s Improved Traffic [ETS2]
-Real Traffic Density by Cip [ETS2]
-Rudi’s Rush Hour Mod [ETS2]
-Improved AI Traffic by FX2K [ETS2]
-Realistic Traffic Mod by therealone [ATS]
SCS Software, Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Ludmilla, Katixa/Irreo, Balamut, AlexeyP, nIGhT-SoN