The Sound Fixes Pack v18.1 for ETS2 and ATS has been released. This update includes several improvements to the sounds in the game to make them more realistic and immersive. Some of the changes include adjusting the volume of interior sounds, reworking the tire sounds on different surfaces, and removing certain sounds that were deemed unnecessary. The mod is constantly updated to bring more realistic sounds to the game.
The mod is compatible with ETS2 1.30.1 and ATS 1.29.1 and does not cause any errors in the game log. It can be used with all trucks and truck mods without replacing any individual truck sounds. It is also compatible with all maps and supports compatibility with rain sound mods. For a more accurate seasonal experience, the mod should be placed with higher priority than Grimes’ seasonal mods. If winter mods are enabled, the Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from the Options folder of the Sound Fixes Pack should be enabled for winter sounds. Traffic density and behavior mods can enable the realistic sound ranges plugin by inserting a line into the traffic_data.sii file.
The minimum requirements for this mod are that it must have a higher priority in the Mod Manager than any map mods, AI traffic mods, and AI traffic density/behavior mods.
The features included in the Sound Fixes Pack v18.1 are:
1. Realistic tire sounds that resonate in the cab depending on speed and acceleration, with heavier gravel sounds on dirt/gravel roads.
2. Suspension sounds that include cabin squeaking and movement sounds for light and medium impacts, and swinging key sounds for hard impacts.
3. Replaced the “Late music” with the Nokia phone ringtone sound, chime sounds for train and ferry loading screens, and reduced volume for garage door, adviser message, and yawning sounds.
4. Retro ding sound for fuel pumping, and real sound effects for fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click, and key insertion after refueling.
5. Real stick/switch/button sounds for various functions, real rumblestrip sound, lane-keeping alert sound, and improved UI sound effects.
6. Real trailer coupling/uncoupling sounds and air brake hose deattachment sound.
7. Refined AI traffic sounds with less buzzing noise, more tire sounds, and quiet engine sounds, as well as new horn sounds for AI traffic vehicles.
8. Louder and improved audio for a variety of moving objects, such as biplanes, trains, etc.
9. Enhanced soundscape for company and delivery point locations in American Truck Simulator, as well as improved sounds for animated gates mod.
10. Improved air horn sounds for American Truck Simulator.
To adjust the volume of wind or tire noise, you can use the developer commands “s_air_noise” and “s_wheel_noise”, with values ranging from 0.0 to 1.0.