Introducing the latest version of the Sound Fixes Pack for Euro Truck Simulator 2 (ETS2), version 18.2.
In the recent update, the pack has added rev sounds for the Chevrolet Impala in Jazzycat’s Classic Cars AI Traffic Pack for American Truck Simulator (ATS). Additionally, stock sounds for the DAF XF 106’s in AI traffic have been included for ETS2.
The Sound Fixes Pack aims to enhance the in-game sounds to provide a more immersive and realistic experience. The mod is regularly updated to bring more authentic sounds to the game.
Compatibility-wise, the pack is compatible with ETS2 1.30.1 and ATS 1.30.1, with no errors in the game log. It has been tested and works well with all trucks, including truck mods. It does not replace individual truck sounds, allowing you to use it alongside any truck sound mods of your choice. Furthermore, it is compatible with all maps and supports compatibility with rain sound mods like Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.7.
If you are using any of Grimes’ seasonal mods, it is recommended to place the seasonal mod with a higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack to achieve a more accurate seasonal experience. Additionally, for winter mods, you can enable the Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon from the Options folder of the Sound Fixes Pack for winter sounds. If you have traffic density/behavior mods, you can enable the realistic sound ranges plugin by inserting a specific line into the traffic_data.sii file in the def folder.
The minimum requirements for the mod include having a higher priority in the Mod Manager than map mods, AI traffic mods, and AI traffic density/behavior mods.
The Sound Fixes Pack offers various improvements to different aspects of the game:
1. Tire/Tyre sounds: Realistic interior and exterior tire sounds, with the tires resonating in the cab based on your acceleration and speed.
2. Suspension sounds: Squeaking and movement sounds in the cabin triggered by light and medium impacts, as well as key swinging sounds for hard impacts.
3. Gameplay/UI sounds: Replaced the “Late music” with the Nokia phone ringtone sound, added chime sounds for train and ferry loading screens, and made adjustments to the volume of garage door sound, advisor message sound, and yawning sound. A new photo camera sound effect was introduced for taking screenshots, and the PrePass weigh station signals in American Truck Simulator were made quieter. Additionally, there are improved UI sound effects.
4. Fuel/Gas station sounds: Retro ding sound during fuel pumping, real sound effects for fuel pump, fuel lid, door close, seat belt click, and key insertion after refueling.
5. Interior sounds: Real sounds for various switches and buttons like parking brake, hazard light, wiper stick, light switch, and blinker/indicator/turn signal. Added a real rumblestrip sound and a lane-keeping alert sound for driving on grass too fast. The lift axle sound also includes a button press sound effect. At high speeds, the wind sound is slightly faster. If your transmission and/or gearbox are damaged, you’ll hear gear grinding sounds. The air cutoff sounds are now less audible in the interior.
6. Trailer sounds: Real sound effects for trailer coupling and uncoupling, including an air brake hose deattachment sound when uncoupling.
7. AI Traffic sounds: Refined AI traffic car sounds, with less buzz noise and more tire sounds and quiet engine sounds. New horn sounds for AI traffic vehicles, depending on the driver’s patience. More variations of detailed sounds for AI traffic trucks/buses, including turbo sounds, distinctive engine sounds, and gear changes. Different engine and horn sounds for various vehicles in AI Traffic mods and stock trucks from the original game. The sound of vehicles overtaking or passing by in the oncoming lane is also present.
8. Mover sounds: Louder volume and reworked audio for various moving objects, such as biplanes and trains. Sound effects added for movers that originally don’t have sound, like F22 jet fighters and ocean waves.
9. Location-based ambience: Enhanced soundscape for companies and delivery points in American Truck Simulator, including daytime and nighttime ambience such as cicadas and crickets. Suitable volumes and sounds for environmental ambience in various map mods. Improved sounds for animated gates mod.
10. Air horn sounds: Improved air horn sounds for American Truck Simulator, available at the service station. Different options include a used air horn, a deep air horn, and a train horn. It is not recommended to use more than two air horns simultaneously.
To adjust the volume of wind or tire noise, you can use the developer commands: s_air_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0] and s_wheel_noise [value from 0.0 to 1.0], with the default values set at 1.
* SCS Software for base sounds * Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound samples, and for compiling mod * antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds * Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds * AlexeyP for some trailer coupling, gate/barrier and fuel pump sounds, and sounds from Improved Environment Sound * nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions